So it looks like taxpayers, and our Constitutional Republic, got suckered again. In the interest of solving a crisis that they caused, Congress passed at the last minute a nearly 1,800 page, trillion dollar omnibus bill, cobbled together in the backrooms of establishment leadership, without anyone actually reading it, in order to supposedly keep our government running. In so doing, they allowed the funding of both Obamacare, which the American public despises, as well as executive amnesty, which we don’t want and is illegal.
For some reason Congress, the President, and the hysterical media, seem to fear a government shutdown more than the American people do. Ever wonder why that is? The last time we had a “shutdown”, over 85% of government was still running. This explains why most Americans barely felt it. Personally, I think that this reveals just how bloated and unnecessary most of our federal government is, as well as how much we could really trim without much impact to the American people. Maybe that is the real reason why Congress and our President fear a shutdown: Americans would finally find out that we are being played for suckers, big time.
Below are just a few examples of what is included in this massive bill:
- Fully funds Obamacare
- Fully funds Obama’s illegal executive amnesty through February, which will provide visas, social security numbers, and work permits to at least 5 million illegal aliens. It will also allow them potential access to our social security benefits, Medicare, and waive the employer Obamacare requirement (as well as the associated penalty). Employers will now have a financial incentive to hire illegals over citizens
- $1.5 billion to Department of Health and Human Services to fund the relocation and handling of illegal aliens through 2017
- $14 million to the Department of Education to help school districts absorb illegal alien children
- Decreases by $160 million the budget of Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE), which will hamper their ability to enforce the law here and at our borders
- $35 million for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), an organization which is complicit in forced abortions and involuntary sterilizations in China
- Allows taxpayer subsidies to continue under Obamacare to fund policies that cover abortion (a violation of the Hyde Amendment)
- Continues to fund the illegal subsidies given to Congress and their staff which offset their premium increases due to Obamacare
- Fully funds the Import-Export bank for over $27 billion, which provides American taxpayer backed loans to major domestic and foreign corporations.
- $1.1 billion in funding for congressionally directed medical research (as opposed to public directed) – a 27% increase over last year
- $20 million for alternative green energy research
In November Americans spoke: we are tired of being treated as suckers. We were tired of more money being taken out of our paychecks, out of our personal budgets and out of our children’s futures. We are tired of the government’s expectation that we continue to fund these political masters, special interests, and foreigners, all the while having our own freedoms taken away. So really, the only ones left who fear a government shutdown are the little men and women behind the federal curtain, who are bound and determined that most Americans not find out how strong and independent we all really are.
“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” ~ Daniel Webster (1782-1852), constitutional lawyer, U.S. Senator for Massachusetts